- Remove the stock transfer port and its gasket from the valve exhaust transfer area.
- Place the stainless port inside the Viton sheath. If one end of the Viton sheath is cut less "pretty" than the other, put that side down onto the valve.
- Hold the frame/tube upright as if shooting and place the Boss Buddy into the tube transfer opening (on top of the valve). Keep it upright.
- Tricky part for some: Lower the breech/barrel port opening directly over the Boss Buddy and hold together tightly with one hand.
- Make certain the hammer pin is behind the probe... and especially that the breech screw hole in the breech lines up with the tube breech screw hole.
- Install and start the breech screw a few turns. Check that is is going together straight and aligned... a very tiny amount of side to side and front to back moving helps me confirm I am in the right spot. If good...
- Tighten the breech screw another turn or so... check again... when you feel good about it, then go ahead and snug up the breech screw (do not over tighten or it will strip out the tiny breech screw head).
Note: With all this going on it feels like you need three hands a couple of times, but go slow and keep the tube held level as if shooting the entire time.