Stainless Steel Sight Holder for 3/8" (.375") dovetail sights (NOT LPA MIM)
- This listing is for one (1) stainless steel sight mount as shown in the first picture. The following pictures are for application ideas for this cool piece.
- This stainless steel sight mount will accept Marble Arms and Lyman 3/8" (.375") dovetail sights (front or rear) and likely others as well.
- This mount is shaped exactly like a steel breech and mounts just forward of the breech for what is called a scout position... or even all the way at the end for a front sight.
- It can be used for rifles , carbines and pistols.
- This part opens the door to several useful (and better in some cases) sight pictures for our guns.
- Please take a second to see just a few of the possibilities in the pictures above. And just imagine it being used at the muzzle end with any number of front sighting schemes. I am waiting on a hooded sight with inserts right now!
- It slides on easily, then is secured with one stainless grub screw. There is just a fuzz of left and right adjustment right there before you tighten that grub.
- Note that this mounts dovetail is NOT the same as the LPA MIM that is usually mounted at the rear of a Crosman steel breech. We do not want this to have that dovetail since there are so few sights that will fit it. We are opening the door to a variety of front and rear sights.
- For the record, this dovetail is a 3/8" dovetail (.375"). I have placed several different sights into it and only had to shim one that did not come with a grub (not a big deal for me at all... I just inserted a piece of brass shim and tapped it carefully to center).
- If you are a plug and play shooter with no idea how to fit and tune sights, then please just stick with what other little is available. But just know that once you have your sight in this mount, it has the potential to be a REAL IMPROVEMENT to both the sight picture and consequently your accuracy.
FREE USA SHIPPING